Royal Palm Elementary is committed to providing your child with a safe and nurturing learning environment. In order to maintain the highest possible security measures for our students, please read carefully the NEW morning procedures.
- At 7:00 am, the gate next to the cafeteria will open for the students who are in the Before School Care Program. ONLY students registered for this program will be allowed into the building.
- At 8:00 am, students will be allowed to enter the school through the gate next to the cafeteria. Students must report directly to the cafeteria and remain there. Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade teachers will pick up students from the cafeteria at 8:20 am. Students in grades 3rd through 5th will be dismissed from the cafeteria at 8:15 am and will be sent to their classrooms.
- FREE BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED DAILY THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST ENTER THE SCHOOL BY THE CAFETERIA GATE UNTIL 8:20 AM. NO PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE SCHOOL DURING MORNING HOURS.
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade students will be marked TARDY after 8:20 and will have to go to the Main Office to obtain a Tardy Pass.
- At 8:00 am, the gate next to the main office will open for any parent that needs to visit the office.
- Additionally, the gate on 113th Avenue by the portable will open at 8:05 am for PRE-KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS ONLY. ALL PRE-KINDERGARTEN students must use this entry point. Free breakfast will be provided in the class for our Pre-K students. The gate will close promptly at 8:20 a.m. Students arriving late will need to be dropped off in the front of the school to obtain a late pass.
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL OTHER GATES WILL REMAIN CLOSED AND LOCKED. THESE INCLUDE THE GATES ON 42ND TERRACE AND 113TH AVENUE BY ROOMS 4 and 5. ALSO, THE ENTRANCE BETWEEN ROOMS 10 AND 11.
- The cafeteria gate AND the Pre-K entry point will close at 8:20 am. Students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade arriving after the locked gate need to report to the main office for a tardy pass.
- After 8:20 am, the only entry/exit point until dismissal will be the gate by the main office. Visitors entering the school will need to pass through security with a valid picture ID and a visitor’s pass will be issued if applicable.
- Tardy students and early dismissal students will be processed as usual in the main office. Students will be escorted to/from class by school personnel. The only parents permitted to go to a classroom will be those with a previously scheduled parent/teacher conference and an issued visitor pass.
- ALL PARENTS MUST USE THE FRONT ENTRANCE TO DROP OFF THEIR CHILDREN IN THE MORNING. In order to keep traffic flowing, please drop off your child and continue moving. DO NOT GET OFF YOUR CAR
- As always, we thank you for your continued support and cooperation in helping to keep our children safe. Please call the office at (305) 221-7961 if you have any questions and/or concerns.
In order to maintain the highest possible security measures for our students, please read carefully the following procedures:
- Royal Palm Elementary will utilize different areas throughout the school to dismiss students. Parents make sure you drive through your designated area and wait in your car. Students will be escorted to the cars. Parents, please do not get off your cars.
- PLEASE DISPLAY YOUR CAR TAG/STUDENT & TEACHER NAME IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE DISMISSAL.
- All parents must remain in their cars and children will be escorted to them.
- Students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. every day. All gates will close at 2:00 p.m. Students that are not picked up on time from school will be taken to the Main Office.
- All Pre-K students will be dismissed through the gate on 113th Avenue by the portable.
- All Kindergarten classes will dismiss from the front of the school. Students will be housed in the cafeteria until parents arrive. Kindergarten teachers will escort students to cars once the parent has arrived. Any late pickups will be processed through the office.
- All 1st Grade students will dismiss on the south side of the building (42nd Terrace) from the back door of their rooms. The hallway leading to the school will be closed.
- Students in 2nd to 5th grades are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. every day except Wednesday. On Wednesday, students are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. Effective on August 17, 2023, everyday dismissal (Mon.-Fri.) for 2nd through 5th grades will be as follows:
- SECOND GRADE AND THIRD GRADE students will be dismissed on the south side of the building (42nd Terrace) from the back door of their rooms. Third Grade students will have a designated holding area between rooms 1-6.
- FOURTH AND FIFTH GRADE will be dismissed from the front of the school (East side). Fourth grade students will be dismissed through the gate next to the main office. Fifth grade students will exit through the gate next to the cafeteria.
- Students that are not picked up on time from school will be taken to the Main Office.
- Students who walk home must have the form, Dismissal Plan, included in the Parent Bulletin (Return Home Package) completed and signed by the parents indicating the child can walk home by the Friday following the reopening of schools.
In order to ensure the safety of all our students and staff members, parents will NOT be allowed to leave their vehicle. All students will be escorted to the cars.
Parents who need to pick up their children before dismissal will need to through security in order to request an early release.
Also, you must have a valid id in order to enter the building.
No students will be released the last 30 minutes of the school day based on School Board Rule 5200
Please call the office at (305) 221-7961 if you have any questions or concerns. As always, we thank you for your support and cooperation in helping to keep our children safe and healthy.