Royal Palm Elementary is committed to providing your child with a safe and nurturing learning environment. In order to maintain the highest possible security measures for our students, please read carefully the NEW morning procedures.
- At 7:00 am, the gate next to the cafeteria will open for the students who are in the Before School Care Program. ONLY students registered for this program will be allowed into the building.
- At 7:45 am, students will be allowed to enter the school through the gate next to the cafeteria. Students must report directly to the cafeteria and remain there. Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade teachers will pick up students from the cafeteria at 8:20 am. Students in grades 3rd through 5th will be dismissed from the cafeteria at 8:15 am and will be sent to their classrooms.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST ENTER THE SCHOOL BY THE CAFETERIA GATE UNTIL 8:20 AM. NO PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE SCHOOL DURING MORNING HOURS.
- At 8:00 am, the gate next to the main office will open for any parent that needs to visit the office.
- Additionally, the gate on 113th Avenue by the portable will open at 8:05 am for PRE-KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS ONLY. ALL PREKINDERGARTEN students must use this entry point. Free breakfast will be provided in the class for our Pre-K students.
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL OTHER GATES WILL REMAIN CLOSED AND LOCKED. THESE INCLUDE THE GATES ON 42ND TERRACE AND 113TH AVENUE BY ROOMS 4 and 5. ALSO, THE ENTRANCE BETWEEN ROOMS 10 AND 11.
- The cafeteria gate AND the Pre-K entry point will close at 8:20 am. Students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade arriving after the locked gate need to report to the main office for a tardy pass.
- After 8:20 am, the only entry/exit point until dismissal will be the gate by the main office. Visitors entering the school will need to pass through security with a valid picture ID and a visitor’s pass will be issued if applicable.
- Tardy students and early dismissal students will be processed as usual in the main office. Students will be escorted to/from class by school personnel. The only parents permitted to go to a classroom will be those with a previously scheduled parent/teacher conference and an issued visitor pass.
- ALL PARENTS MUST USE THE FRONT ENTRANCE TO DROP OFF THEIR CHILDREN IN THE MORNING. In order to keep traffic flowing, we encourage you to drop off your child and continue moving.
In order to maintain the highest possible security measures for our students, please read carefully the following procedures:
- Students in Pre-K through 1st grade are dismissed at 1:50 p.m. every day.
- Primary students in rooms #1 through #10 will dismiss on the south side of the building from the back door of their rooms. The hallway leading to the school will be closed. Ms. Perdomo, Ms. Marquez, and Ms. Olcese will dismiss on the west side of the school (near the portable). The students will exit through the gate. The gates will close at 2:05 p.m. Any late pickups will be processed through the office.
- Effective Monday, August 20, 2018, every day dismissal (Mon.-Fri.) for 2nd through 5th grades will be as follows:
- SECOND GRADE students will dismiss on the south side of the building from the back door of their rooms. The hallway leading to the school will be closed.
- THIRD AND FOURTH GRADE will dismiss students from the front of the school (East side).
- FIFTH GRADE will dismiss students from the gate located by the portable located on the west side of the school. On Wednesdays, students will be dismissed from the gate located between Rooms 10 and 11.
- Students that are not picked up on time from their classrooms will be taken to the Main Office.
- Students who walk home must have the form, Dismissal Plan, included in the Parent Bulletin (Return Home Package) completed and signed by the parents indicating the child can walk home by Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
As always, we thank you for your continued support and cooperation in helping to keep our children safe. Please call the office if you have any questions and/or concerns.